Quicklinkers is a popular and helpful capability for developing domain-specific MDG technologies. Each rule has its own set of characteristics, such as specified connectors between stereotypes, filtering in classifiers, defining stereotyped Relationship between stereotypes, and so on.
In the UML profile, each rule may be constructed between the stated stereotypes. Methods for defining Quicklinkers rules are
- Stereotyped Relationship
Figure 1. Methods for Quicklinkers
- A Meta-Constraint specifies a rule between two specified Stereotypes.
- The value should be assigned in the tag ‘umlRole’ on the meta-constraint connection.
To create a Meta-Constraint
- In the below example we are extendinggeneralizing two stereotypes named Application and ApplicationInstance from ArchiMate_ApplicationComponent.
- Creating a new meta-constraint with type filter between the created stereotypes.
- The created meta-constraint will be used to specify the type for the target Stereotype element when it is dropped from the Browser window into a diagram.
Figure 2. MetaConstraints
Figure 2.1 Profile MetaConstraints
Figure 2.2 – Creating MetaConstraints
Figure 2.3 Pasting the Constraints
Figure 2.4 Added MetaConstraints
A valid UML Connector between two defined Stereotypes is specified using Meta-Relationship.
The name of the UML Connector should be set in the value of the tag ‘metaclass’ on the Meta-Relationship connector.
To create Meta- Relationship
- Creating a new metarelation with Association connector between the created stereotypes.
- The created metarelation will be used to create an Association connector in quick links.
Figure 3: MetaRelationship
Figure 3.1 Profile MetaRelationship
Figure 3.2 Adding the Meta Relationship QuickLinker
Figure 3.3 Meta Relationship Created.
Stereotyped Relationship defines a stereotyped connection between two specified Stereotypes.
The name of the stereotyped connection is set in the value of the tag ‘stereotype’ on the Stereotyped Relationship connector.
To create Stereotyped Relationship
- Create a new stereotyped relationship between the already defined element stereotypes.
- The created stereotyped relationship will be used to connect the target stereotype element with created connector stereotype – composedOf
Figure 4. Stereotyped Relationship
Figure 4.1 Profile Stereotyped Relationship.
Figure 4.2 Added Stereotyped Relationship.
Figure 4.3 Creating Elements using Stereotyped Quicklinks.
Figure 4.4 Stereotype Relationship Created.
Please contact us or write an email to email@example.com to have a live demo about the new EA 16 features and capabilities.