User Security in Enterprise Architect is a method of restricting the use of data update functions across the model via access rights for each function, as well as safeguarding individual parts and diagrams from modification using user locks.
- The primary goal is to avoid unintended data alterations and to prohibit access to sensitive information.
What’s new in Sparx Enterprise Architect 16
- Sparx Enterprise Architect 16 enhances the model governance by making it much more secure to safeguard your model/project.
- From Release 16.0 onwards, in the Corporate, Unified, and Ultimate Editions, if security is enabled, access restrictions can be applied to specific users and groups, to prevent certain actions.
- Prevents data loss in the model/project at the user level on top of the model security authorization and also prevents the unwanted destruction of model data.
- User limitations prevent a user from completing certain tasks, independent of their other user and group security rights.
- Restrictions can be applied for deleting packages, diagrams, elements, connectors, attributes, and operations.
- They may also be used to limit XMI Import, restore from a Baseline, and remove a Baseline. Basically, anything that could result in ‘data loss’.
- These restrictions are aimed at preventing the inadvertent deletion of model content.
Figure 1 User restrictions in Sparx EA 16
|Restriction||Prevents the user from|
|Delete Package||Deleting Packages.|
|Delete Diagram||Deleting diagrams.|
|Delete Element||Deleting elements.|
|Delete Attribute||Deleting attributes from elements, or columns from data tables.|
|Delete Operation||Deleting operations from elements, or constraints from data tables.|
|Delete Connector||Deleting connectors.|
|Import XMI||Importing XML Package files (but does not prevent version control imports).|
|Restore from Baseline||‘Restoring’ a Package from a previously-saved Baseline.|
|Delete Baseline||Deleting saved Package Baselines.|
Please contact us or write an email to email@example.com to have a live demo about the new EA 16 features and capabilities.