MDG Technology for UPDM - Floating
Sparx Systems helps organizations maximize architectural rigor with defense frameworks
The MDG Technology for UPDM integrates tightly with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and provides a model-based framework for planning, designing and implementing the Unified Profile for DoDAF and MODAF (UPDM) architectures.
UPDM enables practitioners to create models using the Department of Defense and Ministry of Defence architectural frameworks.
MDG Technology for UPDM allows Enterprise Architect users to:
Create architectural models for complex system-of-systems, which may include hardware, software, data, personnel and organizations
Define consistent, accurate architectures with clear separation of concerns to describe services, systems, operations, strategies and capabilities
Analyze, specify, design, and verify system models using appropriate levels of abstraction
Employ a rigorous, standards based approach to defining and exchanging architecture information using UML, XMI and related standards
- Comprehensive UML Profiles for UPDM 2.1, which supports DoDAF 2.0 and MODAF 1.2
- A visual, clickable framework interface for UPDM model hierarchies
- UPDM model templates with context-sensitive modeling to maximize productivity
- Model validation to help ensure consistency and correctness
- Easy navigation of architecture diagrams in the dynamic Model Views window
- Profiles for Enterprise Architect’s Element List and Relationship Matrix to display and edit the model in tabular form
- Detailed example model